Do you know that many furniture removals require a professional? That’s right! If this is your first-time hiring professionals, whether it’s for a move to a new home or even just an away day with the family, preparing your house beforehand is the key to success.
The Importance of Furniture Removals
When it comes to moving, you want to make sure that all of your belongings are handled with care. This includes making sure that your furniture is taken care of as well. Follow these tips to help prepare your home for furniture removals:
- Get organized before the move:
If you have a lot of furniture, arranging it into boxes or bags can make the process go smoother. You can also designate specific people to take care of certain pieces, such as lamps or tables.
Label each item with its corresponding room in your home, including the top and bottom shelves if there are any. This will make finding things much easier once the move is underway.
- Take pictures:
Make sure to take photos before loading any furniture into the truck, so you have a visual representation of what’s going were. This will help with any future repairs or replacements that may need to be made.
- Pack light:
When possible, try to pack as little furniture as possible so that it doesn’t take up too much space in the truck. You may also want to consider using a packing service if you have a large amount of furniture to move.
- Hire a helper:
If you have a large amount of furniture to move, or if you have a busy business that requires your full attention, it may be wise to rent a helper or two to help with the process. This can also help save on moving costs by using someone else’s labour.
- Consider temporary storage of some items:
If you find yourself having trouble deciding what to take with you on the day of the move, consider storing some items temporarily in another location, such as your home or at an offsite storage facility, so that they are not carried away with all your other belongings.
How to Prepare Your Home for Furniture Removals
Preparing your home for furniture removals is essential to avoid any stress or inconvenience during the process. Follow these tips to make the process as smooth and easy as possible:
- Make a list of all the furniture in your home. This will help you identify which pieces need to be moved and which can stay put.
- Mark each piece of furniture with its corresponding location on the list. This will make tracking down specific pieces much easier later on.
- Decide on a time frame for the removal process. Try to stick to a timeline that accommodates your needs and those of your furniture.
- Arrange for a helper if necessary. Having someone else help with the removal process will save you time and hassle.
- Have all packing materials ready before beginning the removal process. This includes boxes, tape, bubble wrap, and sturdy packing material for larger items.
- Clean up as you go! Once the furniture is removed, make sure to clean up any messes so that you don’t have to spend extra time later on cleaning up after the removal process is complete.
What to do Before a Move?
Before you call a furniture removalist, make sure to clean and prep your home for the move. Here are some things to do:
- Clear away any large items that will take up too much space, like couches and chairs.
- Move heavy items out of the way and onto beds, so they don’t damage floors or walls during the move.
- Indoors, clear all furniture of all personal belongings and store these items in a safe place outside of the home.
- Remove any pictures ornaments from windowsills and doorways, as they can get damaged during the move.
- Unplug any electrical cords that are not absolutely necessary for the move.
- Make sure all garbage is cleared away and any recyclables put away before the movers arrive.
What to do After a Move?
Move day is finally here! Whether you’re packing up your apartment or house, or just cleaning up before the furniture arrives, there are a few things you should do to make sure your home is ready for the big move.
Here are a few tips to help make your move go as smoothly as possible:
- Make sure all of your furniture is marked with the room it will be in. This will help with organization when it comes time to pack up.
- Clean all of your windows and doorsills of any dust, cobwebs, or other objects that may have been left behind. This will help keep your home smelling fresh and free of allergens.
- Make sure all electrical outlets are covered and unplugged. If there are items that will need to remain plugged in (like appliances), make sure they are switched off until after the furniture arrives.
- Remove any plants or flowers from near the windows so they don’t get broken during the move.
- Move any heavy items first, then take things like furniture out one at a time. This way, you won’t have any problems moving furniture with the box springs in it!
- Watch your goods during the move, inside or outside. Give them a good shake every 15 minutes or so to make sure things are secure. You could even get a friend to hold onto an item or two so you can grab the next thing out and safely move it.
- Make sure all items are properly labeled and tagged for their proper spot when you unpack in your new home.
It can be daunting when you have to declutter your home for furniture removals, but by following these simple steps, you should be well on your way to a smooth and stress-free removal process. Make sure to label all of the furniture with its corresponding room, pack any small pieces securely in boxes or bags, and take pictures or notes of all the important details (like dimensions and weight) so that everyone involved knows what is supposed to go where.